BeatGauge automatically calculates the BPM (beats per minute) of your iTunes songs.
Just drag songs from iTunes, drop them onto BeatGauge, and it will
report the results back to iTunes.
BeatGauge is fast, multi-threaded,
professional grade. It’s the ideal tool to help you pick songs for spinning
classes, aerobics, running, or any other beat-oriented workout.
- Very simple, intuitive user interface (demo video)
- Quickly finds and analyzes songs without BPM
- Multi-threaded analysis that makes perfect use of multi-core processors
- Supports all local, unprotected iTunes audio file formats
- AppleScript API for power users
Looking for more than just BPM? Have you tried beaTunes
- Requires OS X 10.10 or later
- Music files must be locally stored in iTunes and writable
- iCloud songs must be downloaded before analysis
- DRM protected songs cannot be analyzed (this includes files downloaded from Apple Music)
- State-of-the-art BPM detection is not 100% accurate—some values may be off by a factor of 2
- Due to OS X sandbox limitations,
BeatGauge works better with many files, when they are stored in the folder
Not seeing the BPM (Beats Per Minute) column in iTunes? Here's how you enable it:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.