BeatGauge automatically calculates the BPM (beats per minute) of your iTunes or Music app songs.
Just drag songs from iTunes/Music, drop them onto BeatGauge, and it will
report the results back to iTunes/Music.
BeatGauge is fast, multi-threaded,
professional grade. It’s the ideal tool to help you pick songs for spinning
classes, aerobics, running, or any other beat-oriented workout.
- Very simple, intuitive user interface (demo video)
- Quickly finds and analyzes songs without BPM
- Multi-threaded analysis that makes perfect use of multi-core processors
- Supports all local, unprotected iTunes/Music audio file formats
- AppleScript API for power users
Looking for more than just BPM? Have you tried beaTunes
- Music files must be locally stored in iTunes/Music and writable
- iCloud songs must be downloaded before analysis
- DRM protected songs cannot be analyzed (this includes files downloaded from Apple Music)
- State-of-the-art BPM detection is not 100% accurate—some values may be off by a factor of 2
- Due to macOS sandbox limitations,
BeatGauge works better with many files, when they are stored in the folder
- For AppleScript-based iTunes integration, please use this script
Not seeing the BPM (Beats Per Minute) column in iTunes? Here's how you enable it:
Please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not collect any data about BeatGauge users.
For inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.